Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you use the NoNav utility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2005
US
Hello all. I've run into the dreaded 8.1 to 9.0 client install rollout problem where after the alleged install, the client version still reads ver 8.1. I un-installed 8.1 and re-ran the rollout without any problem. My situation is this: I have over 4000 workstations that I have to roll ver 9.0 out to and there is no way on God's green earth that I can do each workstation individually. I have the NoNav tool raring to go but I have no idea on how to use to on said 4000 workstations. I plan to roll it out to 5 workstations to test it out. Can someone show me the way, chapter and verse on how to use this tool to do this?

create a batch file that points to te nonav.bat with the option -silent.
Use AD or your logon script to reference the batch file you just created.

Tricky part is to make it so that symantec is not uninstalled everytime the user logs onto the computer. You will have to figure this out.

skiff811 said:
Tricky part is to make it so that symantec is not uninstalled everytime the user logs onto the computer. You will have to figure this out.

Have the batch file drop a file (on the local drive where all users have write access) when it runs. At the start of batch file test for the existence of the dropped file and exit if found.

Zvi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back