Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you use the bpnotify scripts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi

I am running NB 3.4GA (Datacenter) on Solaris 7 and I would like to automate some tasks such as duplication and also set up notification processes via email. I've noticed that there are a few bpnotification scripts (eg session_notify) that may be handy. Has anyone used these scripts and how do you use them?

Cheers.

J

Hi there are couple of ways to use those scripts.
I generally , use the reporting scripts , with the help of cron. I run those scripts (after modification) daily and get the reports.
The basic idea is this that when backup completes , Netbackup runs the script called backup.notify. You can edit that script and sends the mails or do some thing else
after every successful backup.

Hopefully this is the answer for your question. If you want more info or want to establish a monitoring system of veritas or interface the Netbackup monitoring system with any other monitoring system( HP openview or IBM trivoli) ( SNMP based) let me know , i also provide professional consulting services.

regards
Atif Naseem
atif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back