Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you tell who a report was published to

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerriO

Technical User
Jan 9, 2002
US
BO 6.5 , fairly new to BO and may need to do an audit to verify what reports have been published to System Admin, user etc. 1. Can I look at the individual report and see what authorities it has been assigned to when it was published to Corp. Docs? I do not have direct access to the database to do a query against a table (I am assuming thats the alternate way to do it) and was told by our application vendor it can't be done, having a difficult time accepting that answer. Can someone please clarify ?

Terri

Terri,

BO's repository is not a very easy data-model to run queries against. The whole structure of 'who' has access to 'what' is basically a recursive structure and you will need a recursive SQL statement to unravel it (it can be done though, ran such a statement earlier this month)

the problem is that no ' easy' relationships exist. a user can have access to a document through membership of a group or by direct assignment. But then a user can be a member of many groups. Supervisor module will give you a handle to get all the info you need, but you will need to do a lot of searching and making notes..

Ties Blom

Wow, Thanks! I really appreciate your response, Sounds like it would be easier to just republish and document them from that point since I don't have direct access to query the database.

Terri

This is actually pretty easy to do if you use the Print to File ability in Supervisor. Then you bring the text file into BO as a data provider.

It won't take you long to figure this out.

Steve Krandel
Symantec

Yes, but I think it will not give a complete overview of who has access to what. Perhaps I am missing an option Steve is refering to, but I only seem to get trivial lists.

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back