Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you strip the "Trademark" sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddyrich2

Technical User
Apr 12, 2006
US
I need to automatically strip the "trademark" sign off a string of data because its causing my javascript to malfunction. It is the little "TM" that appears a little higher than the rest of the text in HTML. Isn't there a code that represents the sign that you can search, then remove from the string?

Thanks.

As I said, its causing my javascript to malfunction. I don't mind putting the letters "TM" as regular text or whatever but the small, raised "TM" is causing my programs to crash.

Thats exactly what I needed. Thanks, Mike, you're a champ as usual.

So, is there no way to legally note that a word or phrase is trademarked in a plain 7-bit text file?

- Bill

Get the best answers to your questions -- See FAQ481-4875.

So, is there no way to legally note that a word or phrase is trademarked in a plain 7-bit text file?

Yes. Just place the letters TM after the name. They don't have to be superscripted characters.

But, really, does it matter? If someone has a legal claim to a trademark, what difference could it make if some person, somehwere in the world, removes the TM designation from a text file which no-one else will ever see? If it was that easy to rob someone of his legal protection, their competitors would have done it long ago.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back