Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you show mutiple ations occurring from a process box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfhelms3

IS-IT--Management
Nov 23, 2005
US
I need to show that from one process box I have three things occurring simultaneously.

jfhelms3,

Your "process box" is from what stencil?

i.e. industrial process flow, standard block diag, or?

What ver of Visio are you using.

Will this be only for Visio or will you want to link this to the outside at some point?

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

I am using Visio 2002 V10.0.525 and the flowchart, basic shapes . All I am tryign to do is flow out a simple process but I need to know how to show going from one step that will have three things occurring at the same time. Example, an email is sent, something is updated and something is initiated. It looks confusing with three lines coming from one box. Only Visio no linking to outside.

jfhelms3,
Sorry for the delay, Holidays & such.
how to show going from one step that will have three things occurring at the same time. Example, an email is sent, something is updated and something is initiated
Yous state three items at the same time, Might these not be predicated upon each other? If so, chart them as sequestial actions, each with it's own box.
If not, place each in it's own box and use the line tool to connect to the originating function. This will represent the flow as you see it and will suffice as long as you are not attempting to trigger something outside of Visio.

Hope this is of assistance

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back