Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you show 0 values in a chart 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tfost

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2004
GB
I have set up a chart based on a query which does a count. The categories are numerical and can either be 1,2,3,4. Is there anyway for the chart to display an empty space when, for example, there are no results for category 3.

The reason for this is that I have a standard legend which I am using for this report and the colours don't match if any of the categories equal zero.

Hope this makes scense

Set up a table of all of the categories...then in the query that is your recordsource bring in this new table, link it to your data table, and edit the link line so that it shows all from the new table (an arrow will go from the new table to the data table). Then your query will return everything in the new table. Hope that helps.

Kevin

I have a couple of questions regarding your response. I have created a table with the categories names as records in one field. I then imported the table into my query and linked it to the field which holds the results for that question in the queries control source.

I then set the link up as you suggested. However it didn't work. The chart is still displaying only populated categories

I may have not done what you meant so further clarification may be needed. Thanks again for your help.

you may double-check if the arrow that is linking the tables is pointing the right way

Make sure that the linked field in the query is returned from the new table, not the old table. Meaning if you created a table of months (we'll call it tblMonth) and linked it to your data table (tblData), make sure that the Month column that is returned in the query is from tblMonth, not tblData.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back