Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you set up Wireless sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisdero

MIS
Dec 14, 2002
US
I need to set up wireless phones that can be used throughout our building. I've heard that there is a module that I can add to my system in order to have fully wireless sets. Does any one know what it takes to set this up?

You may want to look into an NEC wireless system. I have installed many of these and have had nothing but great success. The NEC wireless system comes as a stand alone and can be interfaced with a Norstar thru Analog Ports. You would need and analog station module for the norstar and the NEC 2000 wireless system with the total handsets and ZT's deployed thruought your building. NEC wireless ususally prices out cheaper than that of the Companion.

I also work with the companion, and spectralink. These are also great products, however I am partial to NEC equipment and seeing as how I am certified on all three and have installs of all three, I hear and see that the NEC wireless sytem seems to work better.

Necengineer,
Can you give me a link to the NEC cordless gear?

JKWsaw,
We are above the 48th here. Sorry can't direct you to a vending source in your area. The above posts are all right on the money (pun intended) and should provide you with great starting material and the words to ask the right questions from vendors in your area. There are pros and conns to each of the three systems discussed above. Above all take your time and get the right equipment combo with the right vendor/service provider.

Cheers
PhM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back