Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you set up Call Number Presentation on outbound calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitelandy

IS-IT--Management
Aug 16, 2010
GB
Hi,

Please excuse my ignorance. Could anyone give me some pointers on how I can make a Mitel (5212) handset ident to another caller as a different DDI number when placing an external call? We have a Mitel 3300 running the show.

I've done this a customized Asterisk box using outbound dial rules and pre-fixing a code onto the number to be dialed.

Note: The Mitel connects to the outside world via an ISDN30e. The DDI's in question are already associated with this ISDN30e unit.

Thanks in advance,

From the 3300 open the help files and search for CPN substitution

all the info should be in there

Embedded T1 or NSU? What level of software?

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

Hi james1982,

Thanks, it helps a heck of a lot to know what the feature is called. I have some tinkering to do.

Hi LoopyLou,

We're on release 8 UR5 on a Mitel 3300 CXi.

Thanks for the pointers :)

CXi then its embbedded T1. Use james suggestion and go to the CPN substitution. There you can define individual or ranges of extension numbers and for those defined numbers you can substitute an outgoing number. The help files are quite good within the 3300 on the subject.

You can define an actual or made up number to be displayed by the extension on outgoing calls from the defined extensions.

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

Loopylou said:
You can define an actual or made up number to be displayed by the extension on outgoing calls from the defined extensions.

Not Really.
Some Telcos will only allow you to send phone numbers that are terminated on the PRI. If the number doesn't belong to you, then you can't send it as your caller ID.

Also, some protocols/CO's prevent you from sending alternate numbers.

Be aware of your Telco's capabilities as they supercede anything you're trying to do with the Mitel.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

go to "associated directory numbers". Very simple. In this form input the desired info.

Thanks for all the responses - this is a terrific forum :)

kwbMitel: Our Telco forces restricts outbound DDI presentation to numbers that terminate on our PRI. Anything else and you ident as the base PRI number. Fortunately, we know that the Telco can accommodate what we want to do.

MitelExpert: We're not using analogue handsets, I think CPN substitution is our best best.

We're waiting for the end of the business day before testing CPN substitution out.

Cheers,

I wouldn't bother waiting.

In your DID range form only input 1 dn to test with. Setup an alternate number and test.

This cannot affect any phone other than the DN you input.

Question: In the 'CPN Substitution' form:
- Does 'Default Voice CPN' have to be set for controller for substitution to work?

I've added a DDI Range
- 2001 (my extension) with CPN Substitution '1314541234' (my DDI - our telco doesn't use leading zeros) as entry 1
- I then added '1' as a member to the controller.

After dialing the first 4 digits, I get 'ERROR' on my Mitel 5212 handset. Removing the index I added returns the handset to normal operation, other handsets aren't affected at any time (low risk, as kwbMitel indicated).

MitelAndy - you do not have to be using analog handsets. I have 5340's using a PRI and all I have to do is input the number I want to come up as caller id when my extension makes a call. You do this within the "Associated Directory Numbers" form.

Without the default set the 3300 will not send any calling party element in the ISDN call setup. So yes you will need to put your main company number into the Default Voice CPN. I would also put the same in the Data just in case.

+1 for MitelExperts way of doing it, so much less complicated than CPN.

Associated Directory numbers are good if only a few entries are required.

DID Ranges are much simpler if your extensions can be grouped and have the same number scheme. 100's of phones can be covered with 1 entry.

Hi There, sorry to hijack this thread but we have a problem with our outgoing number display.

Our outgoing number display is stuck on a particular number and I have checked all programming on our mitel 3300 MXE controller software release 4.2sp1 and this number is not listed anywhere. I have spoken to our telephone line supplier as I assumed they had set up caller line ID (basically overriding our system) however, after numerous calls and discussions, they say there is nothing stopping us presenting a number of our choice and it must be our system. We also have a controller in another office set up the exact same way and this displays the outgoing number fine.

The only difference between the offices is that the office with the problem does have many different ARS Routes. So my question is, is it all possible that the ARS routes could be affecting our outgoing number display? Although it doesn't seem possible that it's displaying a number that's not programmed in our system.

Thank you in advance.

It's possible you're not going out a PRI line like you think.

In maintenance commands enter:
ccs trace en cont

make a call

ccs trace dis

copy the out put and paste here.

If you don't get any output then you likely going out a copper line.

Dry Aquaman

Thanks Dry Aquaman.

I thought i'd just change the number to exclude the area code and it worked. Seems that our line supplier in the UK only allows you to send out the local number and they add the area code on. Our other office I mentioned earlier is in USA and they do allow area code.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back