Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you set up a DISA without E&M cards? Voicemail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarm

Technical User
Nov 15, 2002
US
I have a MICS R4.1 that I am trying to set up DISA on so the customer can have a remote access to the systems dial tone but I can't add any E&M cards to the system. I am currently trying to set it up with either the KSU or the Voicemail. Any tips or instructions would be appreciated.

Try asigning a DISA DN then you can access it through vmail

Hawks,
Have you done this one before?

PhM

Just tried it and it's not going to work, once the call is answered it will not reconize the DN as valid. Looks like you need to come in on an Auto Answer trunk to get there. Do have any DID circuits because you can come in that way using REC digits.

One particular trunk line I have assigned to auto answer. I dial that number and the system does answer but I get no dial or stutter dial tone. I seem to be blocked on this route. Any ideas how to continue from here? BTW, the voicemail is a flash 2.

are we looking to scam free dialtone... a thru dial ...

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

If you have the line set up to auto answer just turn it on to answer with DISA.

To do that you must have either a COBOM card or an EM card for the touch tone receiver,without that you will not receive any dial tone when you have the line programmed with auto answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back