Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you set t1 timing on Hicom 150E 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

marktfsmith

Technical User
Mar 25, 2003
US
How do i check and change timing for 2 T1's. I want to change timing from Sprint T1 to a PaeTec T1 to hopefully fix timing slips?

(I know this is an old thread, but we 150e users need to build up more info on this list, so here goes)

Well the docs sure don't say much about this.

For certain applications you need the CGM module.

Using the "Assistant T" telephone there is an option 20 - 3 for "reference clock" but the docs don't really say what the options are.

If you are having frequent clock slips there may be some other problem (bi polar violations on one of the T1's?)since the two telco's should be synchronous to each other.

The clock generation module is only needed for the integrated DECT solution, the ISDN clocking can be switched from one trunk group to another (carrier 1 or 2 in your case) and this can be done throught Assistant E in the trunks tab.

If you go into programming on Assistant E in development mode then you can adjust the isdn clocking but i wouldn't recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back