Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you set a prompt when exiting Netscape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liefr

Programmer
Nov 9, 1999
US
Visit site
I have an application which uses Netscape on NT and my client has asked for a 'Do you really want to exit' prompt when they click the 'X' in the upper right corner. Is this possible? I have looked through the prefs.js but nothing jumped out at me. <br>The application does use HTML and javascript. I tried the onUnload at the page and frame level but this doesn't work either. <br>Any input will be appreciated.<br>TIA <br>Lief

well, have you tried OnClose, Netscape doesnt actually unload unless you go right to File..exit, it stays in memory so it can more quickly load again when you ask to open a window. then again OnClose will ask everytime you want to close one of the window.<br> <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>

Karl, Thanks for the thought but I can find no documentation on the onClose event in JavaScript, nor, I am sad to say, does it work. It does seem reasonable though. I am using Netscape 4.7. <br>I am standing by for further enlightenment.<br><br>TIA<br>Lief

in the body tag throw in onclose=&quot;some call to a javascript function&quot; see if that works, even if you dont have documentatino, eperimentation always works. <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>

Karl, That is what I did. I made the javascipt really simple with just an alert. The onClose is not trapped. I think the Netscape guys just didn't allow for this. I am willing to be wrong about that though, if anyone can show me different.<br><br>Lief <br>

well I wouldnt want to offend the netscape guys, but they have done so many things, In fact I read somewhere, that the only way to call a javascript(other than onload) is through a button, or through an anchor in Netscape, and its incredibly limited for my needs hehe. <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back