Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you route a vector directly to voicemail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Dec 5, 2002
CA
Here's the problem:

The business uses Octel voicemail.
They want agents to be assigned DID's (the DID's are assigned to the station, not to the login ID - that's what they wanted??!)
The vector will present the call to the agent if they are available. If not available, the call will queue for 30 seconds, and a second announcement will play (the second announcement will give the caller the opportunity to be transfered directly to the agents voicemail) - how do I do that??
My solution is to forward the vector to a phantom extension (I can't send it to their DID because it will ring on their phone before it goes to vmail - won't it??, and the business doesn't want that). From the phantom extension, could I route it to a coverage path (with 1 ring) and the first point on the coverage path would be their DID (question, would it then ring on the DID, or go straight to vmail??). If it rings on the set, then I'm still stumped!!

Thanks in advance.

Use this (at the appropriate steps in your vector):

collect 1 digits after announcement 1234 ("Press one to leave a message, or continue to hold..."
goto step XX if digits = 1
goto step YY if unconditionally (So your caller can continue to wait; go back to the step after your queue-to step)

Step XX = messaging skill 99 for extension 1234 (This will route your caller to Voicemail for the appropriate extension without ringing the station. Use the correct skill number for your VM hunt group.)

The only problem I see with this, off the top of my head, is that you'll need a vector for each agent. Unless there is a "group" VM for all the agents?

Susan
[sub]You have all the characteristics of a popular politician: a horrible voice, bad breeding, and a vulgar manner.[/sub]
[sup]Aristophanes, 424 B.C.[/sup]

[sup]Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.

Each user requires their own voicemail.

Are you saying to route directly to the hunt group for voicemail? If so, how will it route directly to the DID voicemail?

Step XX = messaging skill 99 for extension 1234

messaging skill 99 = hunt group number for voicemail.
for extension 1234 = Voicemail subscriber number (whatever is assigned; DID or otherwise).

Susan
[sub]You have all the characteristics of a popular politician: a horrible voice, bad breeding, and a vulgar manner.[/sub]

You'll need a vector for each extension. Not a problem if the group is small, troublesome if the group is large.

Here's another solution that I just thought of - how many call appearences do you have on each phone? If it's the normal 3 appearences, reduce it to two, and make sure that your "restrict last appearence" is set to Y on the station setup. If you do that, any call routed to the station will automatically route to VM if the station is already active on a call.

Susan

What about using "active" instead of 1234.

For example:

messaging skill 99 for extension active

If the call went to the VDN/vector via a cover path, then the active station will be the original extension. That would require only one VDN and vector. (Or at least only one for each different queue you would queue to. )

How about this. How about a vector routing table with all the agents in the group included in the list. Then, after the call queues, and they hear music, you can have a step that asks the caller if they wish to leave a message. If they do, the call will route to another step, where an announcment asks to enter the number of the person they want to leave a message for (collect 4 digits after ann xxx). Your vector step will say go to step xxx if digits in table Y. In that step, you can simply route to digits with coverage;yes. Of course, this is assuming you have a cover path on the extensions or login ID's.

Do you use teh DID as the mailbox, or the login ID?. We use the login ID at my place (long story). This would be better for this scenario.

Also, you can have a listen only mailbox-with prompting. Then you can route the calls to one central mailbox-probably based on the VDN dialed. Once in the mailbox, you can give, I think 9 choices. You can program each one for a different extension-mailbox. In other words, if the caller presses 1, they will route to mailbox XXXX, and you can record the mailbox greeting like that. That might be good for a group no larger than 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back