Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you restore distribution lists on exchange 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjpin

Technical User
Mar 20, 2003
GB
Can any one help me, I want to restore a huge Distribution list back onto exchange 5.5 without having to manually do them one by one.

Is there any way of doing this through a certain file?

Thanks for any advice.

Sanj.

Hi Sanj,
hope you are still around. Did you ever find out an answer to this? I have run into the same problem.

Define restore - did this DL exst in the past? Or are you setting up a new one? Are you basicaly looking for a way to populate the DL quickly with a very long list on mailboxes?

Indeed. If the DL exists on a server you can simply export/import it within 'exchange administrator', otherwise you'll have to restore from a backup.

Thanks, had someone delete a D.L. from a contacts folder in Public Folders by accident. She doesn't eveyone who belongs to the D.L. to recreate it manually and asked me if it could be restored. We use Exchange 5.5, and I don't want to restore the Information Store.

How can a user delete DL on Exchange server???

I see ... it must have been a private, user created DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back