Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you remove the OBV function from an ACD Phone? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmoncall

Technical User
Jan 9, 2008
US
Hello All,

First off, I want to say this site is awesome. I haven't seen a place w/ so much info!

Now to the silly question (I'm a novice to the telecom world and just received basic Nortel training):

One of our Sales Mgrs is trying to observe an agent but can't do so. This is because the agent inherited another mgr's acd phone which also gives the rep the ability to observe. That said, how do I remove the OBV option from the agent's unit without outing the phone? Is it as simple as removing OBV or taking SPV out of CLS? Thanks in advance for any knowledge you can pass my way.

OUT PHONE THEN REBUILD

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Correct...Any changes to an ACD set you must out the phone and rebuild as new. Print the TNB and then reprogram the phone without SPV in the CLS and of course the OBV button. If you have symposium be sure to deacquire the set first.

Thanks, PerryPJ. I was hoping there was a more lazy fix than just outing the phone. Out it is. Thanks again. [2thumbsup]

Got it, tnphoneman. Thanks for the added clarification. As a novice I also know how tempermental Symposium can be.[evil] or %-(

take the phone out of symposium... then disable the tn, then out the set then put it back in new... every time.. after 40 years, shortcuts seldom save as much time as it takes to retype a database...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Wow, what did I say about info? Awesome! Thanks, johnpoole. I have outed the phone and rebuilt it. Thanks again to everyone. [bigsmile]

The lazy man might add cls AOS. I would out and rebuild the phone you want to be observed from SPV to AGN.

AOS ACD Supervisory Set Allowed observation of other
supervisory sets

This cls should allow one supervisor to observe another supervisor.

So you could make a change on the supervisor set. Some techs do not recommend making a change on a acd set but if you decide to do this make sure set is deacquired from symposium and I would probably do a change and enter down to cls instead of doing an easy change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back