Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you remotely change the local user profiles access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizz

MIS
Sep 5, 2001
US
I want to connect to several Windows 2000 professional PC's on the network and remove a profile that is setup to be administrator over those machines. I have alot of machines setup this way and it would take a long time to go to each machine and boot the user off why I logon and downgrade this users access over the machine to a power user instead of administrator. It is the same sign-on that has this access over the computers not the user him or herself.

You know I love this Forum just going to it makes me smarter. Shortly after submitting this I remembered the Computer Manager. You get to it by going to control panel and then administrative tools. Click on computer management and then go to action at the top and then click connect to another computer. Type the name of the computer in there and boom you are connected and then you can change local user and group info on that machine remotly!!!

On the money Dizz. [lol] I've done the same thing. Send a post, and then think, I know that! Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
glen@nellsgiftbox.com
[americanflag]

"Never meet trouble half way".
John Ray (1627-1705); English naturalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back