Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do you put an indent on the top and bottom of a text frame? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaidomac

Technical User
Oct 23, 2004
US
[Using InDesign CS on Windows XP]

I have a text frame with a paragraph of text inside and a 2pt black stroke. I want to give an even amount of white space between the text and the black border, on all four sides. So far I've only figured out how to indent the left and right sides using Left Indent and Right Indent on the control palette. This looks great, but I want to do the same for the top and the bottom.

Any ideas how?

You want Text Frame Options. Three ways of accessing it -- with the text frame selected, either

1. Right-click on the text frame and choose Text Frame Options

2. From the Object menu choose Text Frame Options

3. Type Control-B

You'll see a section called Inset Spacing -- here you can specify how anything in the text should be inset from all sides.

The left and right indent you modified modifies the text, and you'd need to apply it to every paragraph in the frame (if you had more than one). The Inset Spacing affects all of the text in the frame.

I have used Quark 8(or 9) years ago, and offered to make the brochure for the charity I work for. HA!
brochure.jpg

I'm using my friends Laptop with Indesign CS, while he's away on holiday.
I've used Photoshop and illustrator for 10 years or so, and thought it would be a doddle. I'm stuck on the first step!
Please could someone give me some general pointers about the steps I should take, to get this thing running?

No need to be too specific, I can look up the help files (which I would do normally, but time IS a factor), but things like layout etc, and as it's going to a printers - format (PDF?).

Thanks!

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

sorry kaidomac, for this post!! Please ignore!

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

Genimuse: ahah! that worked perfectly, thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back