Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you purge ALL Phonemail messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WAHMom

Programmer
Dec 11, 2002
US
This past weekend we upgraded to an Avaya system and now I need to delete all messages from our old Rolm Phonemail system before disposal. I seem to recall there is a command to delete all messages older than a certain date but I can't find it. If anyone knows it, please let me know.

Thanks!

Why stop at deleting messages? Why not delete all the mailboxes as well? Not sure if there is a command for that though.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

Take the harddrive out and run a nail through it. that's what we do with all of ours.

Perfection is expected, Excellence is Tolerated

The easiest thing to do is to delete each mailbox, then run a fixvoice on the box if someone is going to reuse. If your going to dispose of don't worry about fixvoice, just delete

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I bought a used partner mail on ebay once and it had belonged to a IRS office in Boston

greetings , mailbox's and messages where intact , I spent 15 min or so listening before I defaulted it

if your looking to sell it sign into admin and just delete one at a time shouldn't take more than a half hour or so

Te quickest way is to reformat the drive using the DISKMASTER utility.
The command in SA is actually PURGE under PROFILE - but I can't remember if you can do ALL or if you have to go profile by profile. Then do a FIXUP / FIXVOICE as previously stated.

I always reformat the HD and reload software/prompts, then do a DBCreate when reconditioning PM's. Or at least I used to - I havn't done one in over two years now.

It IS very easy for anyone who knows how, to access and listen to saved and unheard messages left on a Rolm PM.

Dont destroy the ROLM...someone may want it..if you decide to sell it or let it go, get with me in private email.
My username at SBCglobal.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back