Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOW DO YOU OUTPUT A BROWSE TO SCREEN ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MexMan

Programmer
Oct 8, 2001
MX
HI, I NEEDED PUT A BROWSE TO SCREEN, BUT I HAVE SOME FIELDS IN THE SCREEN... I HAVE FOXPRO FOR WINDOWS 2.6a

THANKS...

You can tell the Browse command which Window to use for display purposes.

I suggest that you look at your Foxpro Help information - type HELP BROWSE into your Command window.

The Browse command has options for
WINDOW <window name>
and
IN WINDOW <window name>

Assuming that you have previously defined a window and given it a name, you can reference it in the Browse command.

If you want a more interactive screen which includes both the browse window and buttons for the user to interact with you might want to look at GENSCRNX. There are many postings in this forum for it (use the Keyword search) and the documentation is reasonably clear to use.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr
VisionQuest Consulting
Business Analyst & CIO Consulting Services
CIOServices@yahoo.com

IF EXECUTE &quot;IN WINDOW&quot; COMMAND OF BROWSE, LOST FIELDS AND ALL. I HAVE IN THE WINDOW SOME FIELDS.

The idea is to use a Window that doesn't have anything in it. Just create a &quot;browse only&quot; window to browse in.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back