Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you make the monitor "wake up" from the screen saver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FastLearner

Technical User
May 10, 2002
US
I've written a nifty script that runs in line with our system alarm printer. (I work on an Intecom E-14 PBX.) All the alarms that hit the printer also display to the screen in my work area in color coded format. It also pages/emails out on certain alarms, plays wave files on others, and even keeps a daily alarm log.

The one thing I CAN'T get it to do is wake up from the screen saver when it receives an input! I don't want my screen to get burn in but I need to see when activity occurs. Does anyone know of some trick to accomplish this?

FYI: sendkeystr doesn't work

OK! FINE! I GIVE UP!!! I'll use the minimize/restore already! :)

Here's what I finally settled on. Will wakeup only if no alarms received for greater than 10 minutes and it remembers the last time it wokeup. That keeps things happy...

Code:
integer lastwake=$ltime     ;Global Variable

main
 Call MonitorWakup
endproc

proc MonitorWakeup
    if ($ltime - lastwake) > 600
       winminimize $PWMAINWIN
       winmaximize $PWMAINWIN
       lastwake=$ltime
    endif
endproc

OK FastLearner, this has really sparked my interest. I wish to download a copy of your script for experimentation purposes. How can I obtain a copy?

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back