Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you make colors match?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ispconsultant

Programmer
Sep 2, 2003
US
What do I have to do to get powerpoint to print correctly?
I have played around with all kinds of color correction (icm)files. THis should not be this hard!
What do I have to do to get blue? My screen will have blue and it comes out purple. If I print the same doc on an HP 4500 color laser, it looks perfect.
Can anyone point me to the process I have to follow to make this print a decent color presentation or jpeg?
HELP!

Do some internal test prints it may simply be that the Ink has been contaminated through the use of Third Party Ink blocks or the wrong colour being place in the wrong slot. I know they are shape coded but you'd be suprise how some people think one shape looks like another & either shave the block or push a bit harder

There really is no way to put the wrong colors in. We never use anything but Xerox/Tektronix ink. You can run a pallet print job and even 255 blue looks purple.
I would like to hear from someone who has either had this problem or knows what process you go thru to fix this.
I may end up selling this on ebay cause its just not worth the hassle.

Output from powerpoint is RGB, this is what your inkjet was designed to process as well.
However, a tektronix machine was designed to receive&process CMYK info.
Did you try different color correction modes (sRGB for instance)?

What machine are you using?
I suggest you print the color sampler pages from your printer's menu, after you set your color correction to none.
Choose the color you want from the pages it just printed, write down the value and use that in your application.

Try to print in a mode like euroscale from your pc. Can be adjusted from the drive. Euroscale is a basic color form used in graphic industrie. Print also the cmyk samples en the RGB samples from two xerox tektronics printers if the same there is no problem whit your printer, also is your screen calibrated for colors. What seem bleu for us can be purple for a printer. greetz Dany

The key seems to be related to what icm I use. I dont know why the ones that come with the printer dont work. On the printer, I turned off all color correction and printed both a CMYK and RGB color map. The RGB value that is all Blue (R 0, G 0, and B 255) still isnt really blue. Its kinda purple blue. Does anyone else have this problem? THere is no value that would be the blue that is on this posting page, or a light or sky blue. Its just not there.
I had fought with the icm color correction for weeks and had found some icm that may have been "euroscale uncoated" and it seemed the closest. Is there a repository somewhere for these icm files? I lost that icm when our computer crashed.

Thanks for the suggestions. I would like to hear from anyone who has an 840 and can print a color map that has blue in it. This would make me think my printer is broken somehow...

Just to close this issue, I was finally able to get to someone in support at Xerox who helped.
The problem is that I dont print enough to keep the ink from getting old and changing color. According to xerox,
the printer keeps about 1.5 toner blocks in liquid form at all times (assuming you dont use power save option). If the ink sits there in liquid form for more than about 1 week, it begins to change color. Cyan is the worst culprit.
To fix the problem, they emailed me 3 pdf's that are pure yellow, cyan, and magenta. I printed the cyan page 100-150 times and watched as the green pages began to turn blue (cyan). This printer is made to print high volumes, and we just dont print that much color. So my choice is either leave the printer off until we want to run brochures or pictures (which is pretty expensive since the printer purges so much ink when it warms up), print more (not really an option), or sell it while its still under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back