Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you make a validation rule of a price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADR1985

Technical User
Apr 28, 2003
GB
I have a database based upon a book shop but need to be able to write a validation rule for a book price, can anyone help?

Assuming that the field is a numeric Currency try the following:
Between 10.50 and 15.00
or
>= 10.50
or
<= 25.00

If the above examples don't apply let me know what you would like to see the Validation Rule do for you and I will respond with the appropriate syntax.

Bob Scriver

As there is no limit on the price, I don't think I can really do a range check, as it were, but would rather have a type of format check, if that is possible?

Okay, that would be in the Input Mask. Just what would you like to check in the format. Since it is a numeric Currency the standard format for that should work for you. It makes sure that a number is entered and it accepts a decimal place if entered. If none is entered then the numbers are considered to be whole dollars to the left of the decimal place. What else do you want it to do?

Bob Scriver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back