Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you make a "Scroll Bar "with buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazybumsdotcom

Technical User
Nov 29, 2001
US
I am making a YearBook cd for my school, but I'm having trouble finding out how to make a scroll bar that has buttons inside of it. I want to make a list of names that you can scroll through and click on each one.
Thank You for your help

Create a simple slider (using the constraint command width two or more sprites) and attach the slider to the scrolling window containing the links you want to be clickable.

The limitatations of the slider will limit the scrolling window accordingly. ----------------------------------------
"I got a fevah... and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

Take your textmember and make a sprite on your stage, edit the cast member properties of it so that the member is a 'fixed' size. That way only some of the text will be visible (the rest will be unseen, make sure there is alot of text in the member so it gets cut off).

Now in your button try putting this in the code

on mouseDown
repeat while the stilldown
member(desiredTextMember).scrollbyline(-1)
end repeat
end

This will scroll the text feild while the user hold the button down(make another button with the value as 1 to make it scroll the opposite direction).

This is only how to scroll the names, you'll have to figure out the code on how to have it controlled by a scroll bar (I would continue this but i'm in class right now and my teacher keeps giving me funny looks as I browse the net ;-)

3Y3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back