Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you launch a mail in Fault Summary ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeromeSavary

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2003
FR
I do not succeed in launching a script joined with a trap.
I have write a file mailalarm.bat who send a mail, i have tested it, it works. In the form Fault Script i have link it with a SplitMLTlinkfailure on the IP of my 2 Passports 8010. The alarm goes up when i disconnect a link, but my script is not launched. Has somebody an idea of what is wrong in my
set-up ?

mailalarm.bat should be in the path or provide the absolute path in the fault script.

Hello,

I have also tried on 10.1 and it doesn't work.
Actually I'm waiting a response from Nortel and I let you know.

We try also to send mail via a batch file, we have installed the O-NMS patch 10.1.02 and it does send mail but.
It includes only “script parameter” information until the first space.

regards
WillyHe

Dear Narbe,

Did you got any reply for the generation of alerts using mail and SMS.
CAn anyone share the mail script.

Mavvy

Can any one suggest how to get Email alerts and also if some one can tell the script . I hav optivity 10.2 Campus version installed on windows platform.

Any suggestion will be a help

Mavvy

Select “edit or new fault script” to open the edit or new fault script window.
Make the device, faultname … selections.
I use a batch file to send the same information to multiple destinations and enter a line for each recipient of the message e.g. postie -host:<<Email server name/address>> -to:<<destination email address >> -from:ONMS -s:%1__%2__%3 -msg:__%3__%4__%5.
Postie is the application that can be used to send mail from ONMS to a mail server, The mail server must be configured to accept mail from the ONMS server.
The batch file name is e.g. mail.bat. This filename is entered in the Executable Name field (don’t forget the path to it). A selection is made from the Available Parameters to be included in the message.
It is also possible to enter the line directly in the Executable Name field then the %x need to be replace with the Parameters.

Hope this helps

Good day

I am having the same problem in Optivity 10.2 - can not get a faultscript to run. Any suggestions.

Regards

Do you fill in the IP address e.g. 192.168.1.1 specific or 192.168.1.* for a range or *.*.*.* for all?

b.r.
WH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back