Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you keep the column order the same in each row of a crosstab 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugo1

Technical User
Jul 26, 2006
GB
I require the column order in a crystal report to remain the same and not to change order or to not be repeated on each row of the crosstab. (So the columns in the crosstab can be like headers).

I only require the summarised fields to change on each row of the crosstab according to which column they populate.
I'm not sure how to do this.

Hope this makes sense!

How are you creating this? If you are inserting a crosstab, you shouldn't be having these issues. You should explain your row, column, and summary fields, the section where the crosstab is placed, and then show a display of what you are getting versus what you want to see.

-LB

Apologies for posting on the wrong forum!
The row is result_description
The column is reported_timepoint
The Summary field is formatted_result
The Group Header 1 is by result_description
The Group Header 2 is by reported timepoint.
The crosstab is placed in the Group footer 1 (result_ description).
As there are separate cross tabs in each footer the columns are repeated. I need a formula to not repeat the headers.

I think that you can just place the entire crosstab in the report header or report footer and the output will be what you're after.

You may not need any groups in your report, as crosstabs handle their own grouping.

-k

This is what i get:
Screenvisit 1 Screenvisit 2 Baseline
Haemoglobin 12.2 - 12
Uric Acid 271 - 266
C-Reactive Protein 83 22 12

This is what i want to see:
Haemoglobin 12.2 - 12
Uric Acid 271 - 266

Ignore my last thread:

This is what i see:
Screenvisit 1 Baseline Screenvisit 2
Haemoglobin 12.2 12 -
Screenvisit 1 Baseline Screenvisit 2
Uric Acid 271 266 -
Creactive Protein 82 22 12

This is what i want to see:
Haemoglobin 12.2 - 12
Uric Acid 271 - 266

So what fields are you using in your crosstab? It looks like you need to be using the value that says 'Baseline', 'Screenvisit1' etc.

Is this a Crystal you wrote, or are you maintaining it?

It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. Methods change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

The fields in the cross tab are:
The row is result_description
The column is reported_timepoint
The Summarised field is formatted_result
The Group Header 1 is by result_description
The Group Header 2 is by reported timepoint.
The crosstab is placed in the Group footer 1 (result_ description).

This is in Crystal Xi. The report i wrote myself from scratch.

I tried suppressing the crosstab headings depending on the group number. I have tried to make it dynamic so that it displays correctly in any given report instance but am not sure if this would be the case. The problem is that the number of groups can change depending on the timepoints. For example, there is an extra time point for C-Reactive Protein. This wont show the timepoint heading since it does not show on the first instance.

I would like to show the heading on every page and not just the first one. I tried using a formula to limit the number of groups but the anomalies such as the one mentioned above cause a problem and not every first group on a new page will be showing.

Was this resolved by SV's suggestion? It is unclear what your remaining issues are, if any.

-LB

yes, it was one of the links that was wrong. I've also put the crosstab in the report footer as suggested. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back