Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you integrate a web container with JBoss

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyGeorge

Technical User
Jun 3, 2004
GB
I am currently running the tutorial
I have created a FirstProject.ear file and have deployed it to JBoss.
But I have got the following Error:

ERROR,AutoDeployer] DeploymentInfo failed:file:/C:/JBoss-2.4.4/deploy/FirstProject.ear
org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeploymentException: application contains war files but no web container available.

I have both jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19 and JBoss-2.4.4_Tomcat-4.0.1 on my PC, but I have no idea how to integrate them with JBoss. Can someone point me to a tutorial which will erxplain how to.

Thanks for any Help

Tony

JBoss comes such that the web container is already enabled. Make sure there is a I believe it's called "jbossweb-tomcat.sar" in the deploy directory. If it's gone, you will need to replace it from the original JBoss package.

JBoss 2 is fairly poor compared to JBoss 3. Upgrade - download JBoss 3, unzip it, dump in your war or ear containing a war into the deploy directoy and off you go - there is no config needed.

JBoss 2 uses tomcat 3, which is very very poor compared to tomcat 4 (5?) in the latest JBoss version.

--------------------------------------------------
Free Database Connection Pooling Software

I would suggest not using Tomcat at all. Your best off with Jetty. You can get JBoss bundled with Jetty from sourceforge.net. Jetty is much faster, much less bloat.

Thanks everyone I have downloaded JBoss 3.2.5 and it works.

Thanks again Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back