Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you include a space in a hyperlink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin97355

Technical User
Jul 11, 2002
US
I need to create a hyperlink to a directory that includes a space in it's name but the hyperlink stops at the space (making the link incorrect) Is there a way to tell Outlook that the space should be included? I tried %20% but that didn't work. Thanks for the help.

try inserting this for your space

Trying placing the following characters before and after your hyperlink < >

So the link would show

<file://P:\My Folder Name>

instead of

file://P:\My Folder Name

troyu, That didn't work either. (but thanks for trying)Perhaps I'm not being clear. I am trying to point to a folder on the server.
\\edu\shared\this folder
but the hyperlink stops at \this then 'folder' is regular text.

Key in the hyperlink as follows:

<\\edu\shared\this folder>

troyu, <\\edu\shared\this folder> does not even create a link. Nothing is highlited. Sorry.

What version of Outlook are you using?

You are trying to place the hyperlink into the message body of an email?

lose the second % in your first example & try that

eyec, that worked! But while I was trying it I screwed up and typed \\edu\shared\thisfolder then went back to the line and added a space. It didn't break the link and worked. Go figure. Thanks all for the help.
troyu, Outlook 2003 and yes, that is what I was trying to do. (send a link to a folder on the server to a user)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back