Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you forward a DN to another phone without physical hardware on cs1k

Status
Not open for further replies.

techdgrubbs

Technical User
Nov 25, 2020
US
Hi all,

So I'm still pretty new to the CS1K world. This phone system was dropped in my lap, and has been quite a learning curve. I'm thankful for everyone here.

I have to move two 3904 digital phones to a new office. That shouldn't be a problem with the ld 20, and move command.

My problem is that the phones that are at the "new" location won't need to be connected anymore, but will still need to forward to another users DN. Can I just move the phone to another unused DN, and then just tell it to hunt or forward to the dn? I read about phantom tn's, but not sure if that is how one would accomplish this task.

Thanks for help. [puppy]

Phantoms are the way to go or simply use a new ACD queue in LD 23 and set the NCFW to be the new destination number.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Or make that extension an appearance on the 3904 that needs to answer the deleted phone

I'm with KCFLHRC, just make it appear on the phone you need it to hit. If they don't need the phone, must move the extension.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

thank you all for replying. I managed to get it to work. Phantoms are awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back