Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you find/reveal the IP address for Definity G3r v6? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eveton

Technical User
Jun 6, 2002
GB
Guys,

Do any of you know how to find/reveal the IP address for the Definity on a G3r v6?

Thanks

Tony "Question - How do you know when you've run out of invisible ink???"

IP was not invented back then!!!

Netcon1

(as far as I am aware!!!)

Thanks Netcon,

The only thing is we do have the switch communicating over the LAN via the LANGATE ASAI so could we talk to the switch via this?

To explain what were trying to do:

We have acquired a couple of spreadsheets that have macros to configure the Definity's vectors. this is apparently a re-modelled version of what the Avaya engineers use when they do a full switch config/install so we need to find out the Definity's IP so that we can talk to/interrogate it.

Thanks once again.

Hi
When the switch was installed or even updated to include the LAN interface, was there no documentation left on site which defined what IP address had been assigned?
If you cant find it go to the back of the switch with and locate the rear of the MAP-D card. There are a number of ports hanging off the back of it with connectors attached, one of these will have the LAN connection (RJ45). Connect an RS-232 cable to the one marked "Admin/PortB" and connect the other end to a laptop or PC. Then use any terminal emulation software such as hyperterminal to connect to the system. When you see the login prompt try using the default login of "craft" with the default password. This will allow you access to a menu and then go into "TCP Admin" and choose the "This Host" option. this will display the IP address assigned to the card, and your ASAI link. After you know this you can simply telnet to it from any PC without having to attach the terminal via the RS232 port. [bigglasses] John
ski_69@hotmail.com

Thanks John,

I'll give this a go and see.

Cheers

U can not have an ip address assigned to clan board in r6. Definity must have R9.5 capabilities to administer an ip connection

Not true Bkant, I have an r8.2 and we have C-Lan and Map-D network interfaces. John
ski_69@hotmail.com

I thought only with version 9.5 and greater could you have telnet abilities to your switch?

you are right BHodgins, 9.5 and later allow you to run your SAT across LAN but prior versions allow you full voice over IP capabilities as long as you have the IP agent licences and the relevant hardware. John
ski_69@hotmail.com

The clan and mapd ip interface were introduced with
release 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back