Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you enable or define port TCP port 5001 in G3R? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenpen

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2004
US
I am connecting one of my sister's company G3R PBX to my CMS. I am going thru a pair of firewalls and the WAN. I am able to ping the PBX from CMS and CMS from the PBX but can't get the CMS link up. I did some snooping and found out that all my PBXs have traffic on port 5001 (this is the listening port for the CLAN) but on the PBX from my sister company the traffic keeps resetting. I think this port is not enable or defined. Any one knows how to check on this?

For the MIS link yes you define a port on the both the CMS and in the com pro form on the Definity. This port is really just a listening port, after the port is connected data traffic is then routed via any of the ephemral port range. Now as you cannot define a port range which the MIS traffic will go over, if a firewall is used to block ports and the Definity/CMS trys to send data over a blocked port on the firewall, Definity/CMS will just balk and try to restart the link.
I suspect that it was never conceived that the Definity or CMS would have a firewall between them rather they would both be the same side of the firewall.

"Been there, done that and got the teeshirt

Great!I visited the options you mentioned and AVAYA did not do anything on this so I made the changes (I also found a doc on how to configure the com pro form). One question, do I have to reboot CMS after the changes? I tried to pumpup translations after changes via maintenance>ACD Stats but still get error.

No, you don't need to reboot, however as long as there is a firewall between the the Switch and the CMS the link will never become fully active.

"Been there, done that and got the teeshirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back