Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you disable incoming faxes to our DID numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyshield5

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2002
US
All of my direct dial in numbers are receiving fax calls and jamming up their message box. How do I disable so that an incoming fax can't be received by the voice mail system? We have a beta Enterprise Edge.

Thanks,
Grey

Do you have fax on demand enabled? If you are comming in on a target line to an extension it will go to voice mail. It is acting like a voice call. “Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all”

Fisher CCNA
[americanflag]

If I have fax-on-demand on I am not aware of it. Where in the software do I find the switch to turn it off?

Thanks,
Grey

Did anyone figure this out? We have the fax messaging but can not use it due to us having Win XP and Office XP stations. I want to shut off the faxing to DID's we cant receive them so whats the point.

This is a problem that I had a while ago. The president of the company, no less, was getting faxes from some sort of broadcast fax system on his DID number. It was calling him 10-20 times a day, filling up his voice mail and otherwise aggravating him. The only solution we could come up with was to have him transfer the call to an analog station on the phone system set up with a fax machine. That was the fax was answered, and we had the name of the people who were broadcasting to his extension. We contacted him and he was removed. It was the only thing that worked. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back