Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you create a negative sale ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipse086

Technical User
Jul 27, 2018
US
I had to force close a check and the sales number still shows in totals and I want to create a negative sale to balance it out, how is this done ?

Are you using Micros? Start a new cheque and void items on to it. Your balance will go negative. Close the cheque to the tender you need. You may need to change some employee privliges to do this.

I am, Res3700 5.6 and it will not let me do a void without an associated item, I even tried creating a sale, putting a void against it, and then deleting the original item and it tells me I need to remove the void first. Any other Ideas ?

any clue where it would be ? its not that it won't authorize and I am doing it from the highest level login, property expert

Employee classes, Options, Create Negative balance is one. Think there are a couple of other related

ok, got it. I was trying to do it with an open amt and voiding it as it was a very large tab, decided to just create a menu item with the amount. Thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back