Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you compile .prg files??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gambhir

Programmer
Oct 17, 2000
US
My host does not have Foxpro installed on their web servers.
Beucase of this it is not possible to execute .prg files directly because FoxPro. They suggested that I should compile .prg scripts on your machine and upload .fxp files to the server. How in the heck do I do this?

You'll get .fxp AUTOMATICALLY when you run your program in FoxPro from your machine or enter this command line:

COMPILE yourprogram

in the Command Window.
If your .fxp doesn't work.
Look for "Chapter 13: Compiling an Application" in FoxPro's Help.

If your ISP host doesn't have at least the VFP runtime installed (implying they are running a WinNT or Win2000 server), you're probably out of luck. You need these runtime files to run a VFP .APP or .EXE. (You can only run .PRGs from the development environment. .FXPs can be run from the development environment or from an .APP or .EXE - which require at least the runtime.)

Rick

From the VFP6 main menu
Select Programs
Select Compile
Select the directory where the prg files are
Select All
select Compile.

David W. Grewe
Dave@internationalbid.com
ICQ VFP ActiveList #46145644

Gambhir,
Who are you using for your ISP? I'm looking for a host that provides VFP capability.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back