Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you clear Flexible Buttons? - KX-T7250 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2004
US
My problem in a nutshell:
I set up two Flexible Buttons on a KX-T7250 for a feature that I only had to dial "710" for, and I tried to clear those Flexible Buttons to no avail. Now the two CO lines that I set the Flexible Buttons on do not function normally - that is, I can't dial out or see that I am receiving calls from those two CO lines as they are now mutations of the Flexible Button disaster.

My question in a nutshell:
How do i clear away the Flexible Buttons? I want my CO lines "back to normal." The manual I consulted seems to give false information as to how to clear away the Flexible Button.

The stuff left out of the nutshell:
One of our phones at my work is a KX-T7250, which is the gimpiest model of its kind. Because of this, it lacks a FWD/DND button. I did a search and found a User's Manual for a Digital Super Hybrid System that was very descriptive (I found it at
I didnt realize that simply dialing "710" was an option, as opposed to setting up a FWD/DND Flexible Button on a CO line, trying to clear it and move it to another CO line, and then trying to clear that one too once I learned that I could just dial "710" ... leaving me with two "dead" CO lines.

After perusing it, the document seemed to push the idea that "Flexible Buttons" are the best thing since sliced bread when looking to do a simple command. It wasn't until I finally figured out how to program the Flexible Buttons that I realized I didn't want it, as it takes up the space of a perfectly functional CO line, or in my case, two CO lines. The document didnt seem to emphasize the Feature of simply dialing 710 to set up the FWD/DND until the near-bottom.

It doesn't help any that section 2-4 of the User's Guide says that to clear a Flexible button, you enter Station Programming mode (Program, 9, 9), choose the CO you want to clear, dial 2, and press Store, then exit Station Programming mode. This is completely contradictory to section 2-5 where it shows an outline of Station Programming, saying that doing that process doesn't clear the Flexible Button, it makes it a One-Touch Dialing Button.
I even tried setting Station Programming Data Default in hopes the CO lines would default back - no luck.

This has been driving me absolutely batty - any help would be madly appreciated. Thank you for reading through all that!

press program button -press button you want to clear- press 2 on keypad-then store then program to exit!!

cwc3, thank you for your reply. Though I am afraid that you didn't read the second to last paragraph of my post, where I said entering program mode, choosing the CO, pressing 2, and then store doesn't work - it apparently just changes the CO to a One-Touch Dialing Flexible Button.

But you said just to press Program, instead of Program+9+9 to enter programming mode, so I tried your advice anyway. And it didn't work. I pressed Program (I didn't press 9,9), chose the CO, and then I pressed 2. The phone beep-beep-beeped before I pressed store, but I pressed it anyway. No luck.

Thank you once again, cwc3, if you have any other suggestions, I'm willing to try it.

So the two COs still don't work properly. What the hell do I do and why is this so mysterious and complicated?

press program button + 99 -press button you want to program press 0 03 for co 3 on keypad-then auto/store then program to exit!!
if you want call me @4132436686

Cwc3, thank you! That did the trick!

This is the process I did for my CO line 4:
Program, 9, 9, CO4, 0, 0, 4, Auto/Store, Program

And for CO line 6:
Program, 9, 9, CO6, 0, 0, 6, Auto/Store, Program

This is how I understood your post, and it worked brilliantly. Thank you once again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back