Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you change the default Outlook Address Book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GellyBelly

Technical User
Aug 29, 2002
US
When I send an email in Outlook, I press the "to:" button and up pops the list of Company internal email adresses. Now that is fine, but the external email adresses that I use frequently are in another folder. I must always press the arrow button to locate my list. Is there any way to change my preferred address list to the "default" address list?

Thanks,

Gerry

Setting Order of Address Books

If people use the Global Address List, they'll want it at the top of the search order. Others prefer to have Contacts at the top of the search order, it's really a matter of preference and can be changed any time. To change the order of the Outlook Address Book, select Tools, Address Book

outloo26.jpg

In the Address Book dialog box, select Tools, Options to display the Addressing dialog box:

outloo27.jpg

From the Show This Address List First drop-down list, select the address book you want automatically displayed each time the Address Book or a Select Names dialog box opens. To change the order in which the address books appear, click the up and down arrow on the right side of the dialog box.

Prof. K

Setting Order of Address Books

If people use the Global Address List, they'll want it at the top of the search order. Others prefer to have Contacts at the top of the search order, it's really a matter of preference and can be changed any time. To change the order of the Outlook Address Book, select Tools, Address Book

In the Address Book dialog box, select Tools, Options to display the Addressing dialog box:

From the Show This Address List First drop-down list, select the address book you want automatically displayed each time the Address Book or a Select Names dialog box opens. To change the order in which the address books appear, click the up and down arrow on the right side of the dialog box.

Prof. K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back