Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you Block Direct incomming calls to Agents On Avaya Aura? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvc57

MIS
Jan 31, 2013
US
I do realize the quick answer is Don't Assign DID numbers! But we are very limited with Non-DID numbers and running the search I only found solutions for IP Office and Nortel.
Just looking to block any direct incoming calls to agents but would like internal calls to work.
thanks for any help you can offer, Joe

How do calls route to your agents in the first place? Some cloud thing where they punch in that DID and receive calls direct on the number? If so, you can't just use the incoming digit conversion table to reroute them.

But then again, how the heck can you be short on non-DID numbers? You can literally have as many as you want! DID numbers ought to be the ones in short supply!

No direct agent calls (DID or station to station)
Code:
display cor 1                                                   Page   1 of  22
                              CLASS OF RESTRICTION

COR Number: 1
          COR Description: Seattle FRL 1  Local and Toll Free

FRL: 1                                APLT? y
  Can Be Service Observed? y           Calling Party Restriction: none
Can Be A Service Observer? n            Called Party Restriction: none
        Time of Day Chart: 1       Forced Entry of Account Codes? n
         Priority Queuing? n                [COLOR=#CC0000]Direct Agent Calling? n
[/color]

You can block DID Direct Agent calls with COR on the DID trunk-group that is restricted from calling Agent's COR

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Thanks Everyone for the quick response. Kyle I know its hard to believe but we need to change the dial plan here at the hospital and getting resistance to go from 4 digits to 5.
Avaya tier 3 Thanks again for the solution I thought I saw the option (Direct Agent Calling) but couldn't remember where.
Thanks again to all for the quick response Much appreciate it!!! Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back