Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Do Ya Make Blends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabiiK

Technical User
Sep 27, 2006
GB
im really stuk and need to no how to make blends like the ones you see on piczo sites for my site....is there a lasso tool on paintshop pro hellpp plz?

Exactly what do you mean by blends?

Do you mean gradients???

Like a fill that goes from one color to another seamlessly?

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Do you mean when images are "joined" together?
I had problem with it too, but i just played around with PSP and, of course, i have just learned how to do this...

Anyway, maybe this help:
Select Freehand selection.Change Feather to 6 or 5 (it doesn't matter what number will you type in.It could be even 15 or 32). Then, draw a "border" around the image. Next, go to the Selections>Modify>Contract. Now you can play with it, and when your image is as you wanted, click OK. Press Ctrl+C, open new image, and then Ctrl+E.
Now repeat steps until you get a effect as you expected it.

Hope that helped :)

Mabye you could do the same effect useing layers and the transparency feature in your layer pattelet

I dont know just a thought, but thats how I would try to do it.

Then again if you are not using a newer version, I dont remember trancparency being such an easy feature as it is now.

If you want to change the brightness to blend your two images together, PSP X has a tool for this. Its called the lighten/darken brush. Use it by pushing L. now use it as a brush to lighten an area, if you want to darken use the right click instead of the left

If you find that the change was much too drastic you can change the density and harness in the tool's option menue. (it has two presets included to help you; "small blend" and "large blend"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back