Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do they do this? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKodiak

Programmer
Feb 2, 2003
US
How can I "preload" or include html code that is the same on all my pages...for example how does

do there tab-like webpage...

Howdy,

SSI (Server Side Includes) is one way to "preload" HTML code that will be the same on all of your web pages. There are also many other ways to do this depending on your web server and the software you are using.

You can also use a web scripting language like ASP or PHP to include content from another file. The example you gave has an ASP file extension and is probably using this technique.

If you are using FrontPage WYSIWYG editor and a web server with FrontPage extensions you can use "Shared Borders" to get something similiar. It will include HTML code at the top, left, right, and/or bottom of all or some of your web pages.

If you are using DreamWeaver I believe you can use templates to get a similiar effect.

Hope this help,

cropc

The tab-thingy is simply images in a table! You can put the code on each page or you can do as the guys suggested, put the code in a single file and include that file into each document with ssi, php, asp etc

É
::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back