Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do techs clear Avaya Alarms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

learningSkype

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2016
US
Happy New Years Eve, almost!

Was wondering how to clear Avaya alarms in my PBX. I access the CM regularly but have never had to clear alarms. Does anyone know how to do this? I could ask a field tech but don't have any around this weekend. Thanks.

Typically, you need maintenance permissions (MSPs) to run the 'test' commands. If you have an Avaya maintenance contract you should be able to get them activated for little or no cost.

If you do 'display system-parameters customer-options', the 3 entries that you are looking for are: DS1 MSP?, Processor and System MSP?, & Station and Trunk MSP?. They need to be set to 'y' for you to run the maintenance commands.

Kevin

ok I checked. all 3 of those setting are set to 'y'. what are the maintenance commands and how do they clear an alarm?

test alarms clear

The maintenance routines run in the background, so when you display alarms and see them active, they're there. You don't need to acknowledge them. You need to do the associated maintenance tasks to clear the alarm. Disconnected sets will always be there as warning level. if you had a PRI out, you'd have ISDN-TRK alarms. You'd clear them by fixing the PRI, etc.

not worried about warnings for disconnected sets, that's fine. I know ISDN-TRK and Medpro and Signaling group alarms clear when you fix the problem that caused them, but how do you clear alarms like IPSERVER and IP-ASAI or ADJ-IP and PLAT-ALM alarms? or am I thinking too hard about this and should just let our vendor fix them?

Maintenance guides and fix the alarms and errors. IP_ASAI/ADJ_IP is a AES server or CTI link having problems that a call recorder might use for example - so troubleshoot that. PLAT-ALM is something the server sent the CM software. CM's alarms only know about call processing. If the linux server needs to raise an alarm for "1 of my 2 HDDs died" then that shows in CM as a platform alarm.

The procedures and checks and tests that run are pretty well documented in the maintenance manuals.

thanks Kyle. as usual, a wealth of info. Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back