Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I use Static text as Dialog 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ffat

Programmer
Oct 23, 1998
US
Member anuraagj asked me the above question in regards to data sets and forms.
I am supposed to create this text(Static text which takes input from the order status...for eg:if the orders shown are remake then the text shows

"ORDERS OF REMAKE SHOWN"...etc.

Please help..this is important.

Regards,

Sudha

There is a picture of a form with a small panel at the bottom with a static text box and Close button in it. Also on the form are DBGrid, DataSource, IBQuery, IBUpdateSQL, and IBTransaction components.

Anuraagj,
[tab]You didn't say where the text for the Order Status is coming from. I don't know anything about the data you are using so I will be making some assumptions. Please correct me if I am wrong or if anyone else has some insights, please speak up.

[tab]Since you have a query, I assume you are getting some data from, including the Order Status, a table. If that is the case, setting the static text should be fairly easy. For example, if your query was named MyIBQuery and the field you wanted was named OrderStatus, you would execute your SQL query. Then, while the query was still open, you could do:
Code:
MyStaticText->Caption = MyIBQuery->FieldByName("OrderStatus")->AsString;

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

an inline expansion of the problem would be
appropriate at this time.

TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search