Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do I use slice?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trelanea

Technical User
Apr 3, 2001
US
I accidentally sliced a picture that is very important to me, and I can't figure out how to undo it. I am trying to paste part of this image onto another, and the slice is screwin things all up. >.<

Please help!!

Trelanea, how did you slice it? with Image ready?
what state is your image in, now?
I need more info please, to help you on this one

Patricia

I am using Photoshop 6.0, and have never used image ready. I actually just found how to hide the slices, and managed to cut and paste my image with them hidden, but nevertheless, I'm still curious. Can you give me a laymans explanation of their uses? Is hiding them the only way to get rid of them?

You need to right click with the slices tool to delete them.

Slices are for Web Use mainly and are one of the best features in PShop. It allows you to create a webpage using JUST PShop, and then cut it into individual peices ready for saving for web. Handy or cutting out buttons of crontrol pannels, etc. ----------------------------------------
Don't forget to visit for some banging new music from DJ Cumback

Do a Select All and Copy. Press Control+N and Control+V to paste. The image should be intact.

Hopefully you duplicated your image and worked on the duplicated one. Otherwise, for future reference use the History palette and MAKE SURE YOU SAVE A SNAPSHOT AT INTERVALS. Check all the History Options. Take a snapshot about every 10 steps you take. You can also duplicate and save your image every so often, as was done in the old days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back