Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HOW DO I USE GROUP POLICY TO CONTROL INTERNET ACCESS TO USERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyichux

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2003
US
Hello All,

I have a Windows 2000 Server domain with about 80 users
I have DHCP, DNS and a firewall.

My question is: How do I use group policy to control Internet access to groups in my domain. There are a set of users belonging to a group here that I'll like to deny access to the Internet.

They are causing serious network bottleneck for me by always streaming audio and video files.

I'll appreciate any help I can get with this regards.

Thanks,

Chux

Guessing here! Have you a group policy that gives the users the proxy/router address to use for the internet? If so create another policy that give a false address and issue it to them users? Maybe create a folder called "int dis" or something in the AC with the policy over it? This is how its done on the school network where i work.

Yes, this is what I did. these case studies may help,

Setup Group Policy to restrict intenet access
How to Setup Group Policy to Restrict Internet Access. Internet Explorer Maintenance is used to manage and customize Internet Explorer on computers running ...
- Similar pages

How to restrict internet access
8. Setup Group Policy to Restrict Internet Access. Note: You may be able to use Scheduler Task to setup when we want to active the restriction. ...

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on

Thanks guys great help works beautifully, I feel safer now.

Regards,

Chux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back