Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I undo partitioning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikewTexas

Technical User
Dec 9, 2001
US
I have a old computer that is used for work and it is partitioned into 8 partitions on 3 drives and I am having a problem with there being too little space on the C: drive less than 80MB. So I want to remove the partitions and just have 1 drive - C:, BUT my dad has his accounting programs and other important stuff on there and I want to put all of the information back on the drive. I have backed up the system several times and I can't reinstall some of his accounting programs because he doesn't have the disks for them anymore. So how I remove the partitions but keep the data to put back on the drive and account for the change in drive letters???

Any help will be greatly Appreciated! Thanks,

Mike

Software program "Partition Manager" will allow you to delete and resize on the fly. You might also look on google for partition manager to find some others.
You can create problems for yourself if you don't have viable backup and a restore capability.
Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

You can also try Partition Magic. Very easy program to work with.

Jason Wichman

Partition Magic says their are errors in the partition and won't allow me to resize. How can I fix the partitions so I can resize them?

Thanks,

Mike

Do a scandisk and defrag. That should fix up the partitions. Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back