Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Do I Turn Off "automatic capitalization"

Status
Not open for further replies.

315primeau

Technical User
Mar 20, 2008
US
Whenever I type a word or part of a word using artistic text, when I click off the box, Corel Draw will automatically uppercase the first letter.

Often times I don't want this to happen, but am new to Corel and can't seem to figure out how to stop this from happening.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Goto Text - Writing tools - Quick correct - deselect capital letter option.
Alan D

Somewhere in there is an option that will allow Corel to change your abbreviations to the full word. At least there was in an earlier version. Found this out the hard way when 'Mt. VanHovenberg' was changed by Corel to 'Meeting VanHovenberg' and it got output and the sales rep didn't proof it or they'd have caught it. Anyway, 2 cases of hoodies misprinted, and lesson learned. I didn't catch it with the sales rep breathing down my neck and grabbing the output off the printer before I could even look at it. That's sales staff for ya; rush, rush, rush. That's the nature of the industry sometimes, but quality must NEVER suffer as a result!

-E

(DISCLAIMER: Self-taught AI user; unorthodox methods w/good results)
'There is no LEASH LAW for the IMAGINATION!'
myspace.com/erixworx

First thing I do is go to Quick correct and change half the settings.
Alan D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back