Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I Telnet into 81C

Status
Not open for further replies.

av8usa

Technical User
Mar 17, 2005
US
Hello all,

Have a port on an 81C - OTM uses this port to connect via ethernet. Is there a way to connect via telnet or another program besides OTM on this IP? Thanks!

I use procomm plus to telnet into my systems.

BUT, you have to have a PUBLIC IP on the Nortel to telnet into it, unless your on the local lan.

The Meridian PBX supports the RLogin protocal for TCP/IP. I use a terminal program called ZOC and CRT to access my switches. I prefer CRT most, but I use ZOC because you can still access the systems via modem or IP and ZOC utilizes scripts much like Procomm does and its easy to change my Procomm scripts to work with it.

Do you know what settings I should use? The program uses port 23 by default - but I'm not sure this is correct

Ah some success! I connected on port 21 - and get the following: 220 VxWorks (5.2) FTP server ready

but don't think I can do anything from there :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back