Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I take my ReportName Parameter and makea formula for Rpt Title 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aec25

Technical User
Apr 9, 2012
US
I made a ReportName Parameter to reflect what company I was referring to in the data. I need to somehow make that parameter reflect in the ReportTitle.

example: If I am talking about Company X I need the Report title to say, Report Name: Company X

The ReportName parameter has 15 possible companies, but only one will be shown in the Report at a time.

As you probably can tell, I am a newbie!

Thank you in advance.

1. Create a new formula.
2. Name it something like ReportTitle, PrimaryTitle, etc.
3. Use the following code:
Code:
      {?ReportName}

Note - {?ReportName} needs to be the name of the ReportName parameter (I'm assuming that's the name you gave it since that's how you referenced it in your question).

Now, just place the ReportTitle formula in the Report or Page Header and run the report. It should display based on the parameter you select.

Hope this helps,
beacon

You can place the parameter directly on the report to show the name. If you want to add "Report Name: " in front of it, then you could use a formula:

"Report Name: "+{?ReportName}

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back