Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I swap phone extensions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosemc

IS-IT--Management
Oct 16, 2001
US
Two employees want to switch cubes and I need to know how to swap their phones as well. Is there an easy solution?

We have a Nortel Norstar Modular ICS 4.0 System.

Thanks!

I`m not sure how familiar you are with programming but here goes. It`s not that easy if you`re not familiar. I am going by memory, but you can give it a try if you like. Before you try my steps, you could just try swapping the phones and see if the extensions move with them. If it doesn`t move them back and try the following steps.

From a 7310 or 7324 telephone follow the following steps

Feature **266344
Password 266344

It will come up Terminals and Sets

Three (4, once you enter a heading) buttons light up.
Hit the bottom right button of the three thats lit up (next) until you get to system programming. Hit the top right button (show). Hit the bottom right one until you get to feature settings. Hit the top right button. Hit the bottom right button until you get to set relocate. If it is set to Y (yes) release and swap your phones. If its set to N change it to Y and release. If at any time you get to somewhere that doesn`t seem to match my steps, release and try again. You can really mess up your system if you go into this area that is designated for installers. If it doesn`t work the second time, let me know and I`ll repeat it with the manual in front of me.

Set relocate enables phones that you move around to carry the extension and programming along with it. Good luck.

Schlum

The best way would be to re-run the jumpers at the system.
You can turn on dn swapping and or do a dn change. This makes trouble shooting harder for a non experience technician. Be careful and make notes on all changes.
Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

Thanks for the help! Schlum's memory is right on. I haven't tried jeter's solution yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back