Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I store only YYYY in =Date( ) text box? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KerryL

Technical User
May 7, 2001
US
I can't get an expression to work because of the way a date is being stored in a text box.

txt box = frmRptCriteria.txtYYYY
Its control source is =Date()
It's formatted as YYYY

Even though its formatted as "YYYY" it stores a full date, 3/2/2007 instead of just 2007. This causes the following expression in a report to find zero records instead of 34:

=Sum(Abs(Year([EntryDate])=[Forms]![frmRptCriteria]![txtYYYY]))

How can I make [txtYYYY] store just the current year instead of a full date so that the expression finds records matching only YYYY?

How about this?
Code:
=Sum(Abs(Year([EntryDate])=[COLOR=red]Right([/color][Forms]![frmRptCriteria]![txtYYYY][COLOR=red],4)[/color]))

Randy

Randy,

Wow, it worked like a charm. I would never have figured that one out.

Thank you very much!!

Hopefully I can adapt that expression for the other 5 "YTD" calculations I have to include on this report. If not, you may see me again... :)

Thanks again,
Kerry

A simpler way was to change the ControlSource of frmRptCriteria!txtYYYY to =Year(Date())

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back