Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I stop rounding off numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlJohnson

Vendor
May 20, 2002
US
I've got a numeric field in one of my tables that is designed for users to enter a count of the number of containers they need. Some of the users have entered a fraction (i.e. 1/2), but the number is showing up on my form and in the table as a whole number that appears to be rounding up or down.

How do I format this field so that the fraction shows up as 0.5 instead of rounding up to 1.0? Also, should this be done in the table, on the data entry form, or both?

Thanks.
Earl

Earl,

In the table design view you can choose the type of number field to use (in the fields below, when you're in the number field). Click down there and hit F1 to learn about the different types of fields.

Hope this is helpful.

Jeremy

==
Jeremy Wallace
AlphaBet City Dataworks
Affordable Development, Professionally Done

Please post in the appropriate forum with a descriptive subject; code and SQL, if referenced; and expected results. See thread181-473997 for more pointers.

set your field to "Single" or "Double" and set the correct decimal places and you should be fine... donot use INT or long INT..

Excellent... setting the field to "Single" did the trick!
Thanks for the help dvannoy, it is really appreciated!

Earl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back