Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I stop Nagios? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmrsupport

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2006
US
We just had a power outage, and when our Linux server came back up, it is kicking out emails to our system regarding the status of a server on the network. How do I get it to stop? I looked at all the folders on the server but cannot find anything named Nagios.

Thanks for your help.

/etc/init.d/nagios stop
killall -9 nagios
ps -aux|awk '/nagios/{print $2}'|xargs kill -9

perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(40*2),sqrt(7600),(unpack(c,Q)-3+1+3+3-7),oct(104),10,oct(101));'

Can you explain what this does? I know nothing about this, so it would be appreciated. Thanks.

You asked how to stop Nagios... Well those are three different ways to stop it

perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(40*2),sqrt(7600),(unpack(c,Q)-3+1+3+3-7),oct(104),10,oct(101));'

Gotcha, thought you meant I had to do all three! Now I understand... did I mention I'm a newb? :)

No, but don't worry. Come on in, the water's fine...

Steve

[small]"Every program can be reduced by one instruction, and every program has at least one bug. Therefore, any program can be reduced to one instruction which doesn't work." (Object::perlDesignPatterns)[/small]

The /etc/init.d/nagios stop is the "preferred" method, since it does a "graceful" shutdown of Nagios.

Just my 2¢

"When I die, I want people to say 'There was a wise man' instead of 'Finally, his mouth is shut!'" --Me
--Greg

Anyone know how to permanently disable Nagios? Do I just remove the file from the init.d folder?

Yes. You can remove the startups in the init.d folders.

Just my 2¢
"Life gets mighty precious when there's less of it to waste." -Bonnie Raitt "Nick of Time"
--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back