Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I stop debug message when IE causes an error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrystUK

Programmer
Oct 21, 2002
GB
I have just installed VB5 and I have IE5.5 on my Windows 98 machine. Since I have small children, I also have Popup Stopper to prevent those damned XXX rated popups.

However, every time it prevents a popup, VB asks me if I want to debug. It's more annoying than anything because it's not an error in my view.

Is there a way to stop this message box from appearing every time a popup is killed? It's driving me mad.

Thanks in advance.
Tryst

Thanks, I thought it would be something so simple that I couldn't see it :)

Maybe I shold put down the VB book and pick up the one titled "Windows for beginners" lol. My Idea of an OS is one that operates the system not a self contained package of every piece of software ever invented.

Great, it's still happening with the Webshots page every time I view a pic full size. It stopped the popup happening with some sites but this one seems to be a problem and there are still one or two others that keep giving me a debug request popup.

I have Zonealarm and it happens every time Zonealarm tells me that my "privacy settings have affected the website". I think it's to do with cookies, I have all items checked for 3rd party cookies.

My Idea of an OS is one that operates the system not a self contained package of every piece of software ever invented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back